Woo, tis only three days till I'm off to Edinburgh with my explorer group to go to the last bit of the fringe =D. I honestly can't wait, it's a bi-annual tradition of ours and I've been present for the last two trips, which other than too of the guys that are tagging along means that I've also been more times than any of the other current splorers(the shortened and vaguely 'cooler' name that me and a few friends use), which is always good for bragging rights :).
Anyways back to the actual trip stuff, we basically stay on the grounds of the Beil Estate from Friday till Monday.The trip this year is gonna be scheduled kinda like this;
Fri - Travel to Beil, set up camp and then go to Berwick for the afternoon, before returning to camp for lots of fire and stories.
Sat - We'll actually have to get up earlyish today as we be off to Edinburgh(about 10mins by train) for the day. This is easily the best bit of the whole trip, we normally split into groups and go splore the street performers, markets and shops, then we'll meet up for lunch and afterwards go out and get back to sploring the city :).
Sun - Today still requires quite an early rise, in previous years it hasn't but this time we're planning on spending the morning in an Air museum (this part will be either amazing or horrid methinks), then we are off to the beach and swimming baths at Dunbar, after which we will have our bellys filled with fish and chips from the local chippy(this bit is always a highlight lol).
Mon - We get a lye-in today, which is always a bonus. Once where up we'll probably spend the rest of the day messing around on site, until finally we have to pack up and jump in the minibus that'll take us home(this is always a sad bit).
This trip is generally one of the more amazing ones we do as splorers, and like all camps we go on has its own traditions and provides us with plenty of epic storys. These I will unpdate ya all on when I get back, but in the meantime expect another post tomorrow, assuming I can be arsed. ^.^
Smith Out...
No comments:
Post a Comment